Trailer destroyed in cooking fire at Creekside RV Park

The trailer was at a complete loss Sunday.


Photo: Kailey McCarthy

On Sunday, the Albany Fire Department responded to a trailer fire at Creekside RV Park on Hancock Road.

According to Fire Investigator Sam Harris, the department responded to the cooking fire at 5:43 p.m. Sunday.

Harris says it appears the victim tried to put out the fire himself.

He was found with 40% burns to his body and was then transported to Phoebe.

Harris says that a fire can spread rapidly in small, confined areas.

He adds, it's imperative to always keep an eye on your food while cooking.

'You always have the potential for fire. Therefor, people should always monitor their food and not go and watch the news or go and watch TV because when they do that, it becomes dangerous for them," said Harris.

Harris adds, it's always a good idea to check your smoke detector to make sure it's in good condition.

The trailer suffered from a complete loss.

The victim is currently being treated for his injuries at the Burn Unit in Atlanta.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending