Business sign sparks fire at Leesburg strip mall
Firefighters responded to a fire at one of the businesses in the commercial strip mall located in the 1400 block of Highway 19 South, in Leesburg, Wednesday evening.
Lee County Fire Chief David Forrester says that the sign above the door, at the top of the building caught fire due to an electrical shortage around 6:30 p.m.
The fire burned into building where the sign was located, and spread into some of the insulation.
Quick response by fire fighters prevented the fire from spreading further.
Chief Forrester adds that the business owner was there at the time of the fire but wasn't aware until the neighbor came over and told him.
No one was injured and fire fighters have removed smoke from the building.