Worth County E-911 officials have issued the following road concern and closure list due to the rainfall experienced in the county:City of Sylvester - No road closures at this time. Water is standing in some areas. At this time there is one home that had rising water in the area on West Pinson Street.
Poulan / Sumner / Warwick - no road closures or significant reports at this time.
Worth County - Concern for standing water approximately ankle deep in the Willow Rd area. Worth County officials say they will continue to monitor this area.
Road closures for Worth County include:
- Carter Road (dirt section)
- Marvin Lawhorne Road (from Sledge Road to Burdette Road)
- Carlton Road (from Thigpen Trail to railroad tracks)
- Johnny Aultman Road (from end of pavement to Spring Flats Road)
- Porters Corner Road (dirt portion)Water over road:Old State Route 50 (at the pond) has some water over the roadway during times of heavy rain from the pond. There are some signs in the area to warn of this, however the road is currently open when water recedes.Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!