Wild Adventures temporarily closes due to acid spill
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:52:02 GMT —
Officials with Wild Adventures say they closed the park on Tuesday as a precaution due to an acid spill.
On Tuesday morning, they say that Splash Island Water Park incurred a spill of hydrochloric acid, which is used to control the chlorine levels in the water. The spill occurred behind the water park and did not enter the pool water used by our guests.
Officials say that local agencies arrived to neutralize the spill, however, the weather is affecting their efforts.