83 / 60
      75 / 57
      80 / 62

      Whispering Pines apartment fire causes $20,000 in damage

      Albany Fire Department had the fire under control in 10 minutes.

      A morning fire on Whispering Pines started after a man left the stove on to use the restroom.

      The fire happened at 1309 Whispering Pines Apartment A Tuesday morning. The resident woke up, turned on the stove and went to the restroom. When he came back, the grease on the stove was on fire.

      The Albany Fire Department said that they had the fire under control in less than 10 minutes and estimated the damage to be about $20,000.

      The Fire Department also had to do fire damage control in the B apartment after putting the fire out as they both shared an attic.One person was treated on scene by EMS and released.