MENU

      What to look for when fighting the winter chill

      Officials with the Albany Fire Department warn residents when they turn on their heaters for the winter to be wary of harmful gases. / Rheya Spigner


      Officials with the Albany Fire Department warn residents when they turn on their heaters for the winter to be wary of harmful gases.

      Fire department officials add that colorless and odorless gases like carbon monoxide can leak from your heater if it's too old and hasn't been maintained properly. Small amounts of this gas can lead to serious harm and some symptoms can include fatigue and dizziness if exposed.

      They urge that if you have any gas appliances in your home to make sure you pick up a carbon monoxide detector.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER