85
      Saturday
      89 / 67
      Sunday
      91 / 69
      Monday
      92 / 69

      Unattended space heater causes fire

      No one was home at the time. The fire started because of a space heater that was turned on while the resident was away and was close to clothing.

      / Cody Long


      The Albany Fire Department responded to a fire at a home on Plantation Drive Friday afternoon.

      No one was home at the time. The fire started because of a space heater that was turned on while the resident was away and was close to clothing.

      Brian Bradshaw is the owner of Paul Davis Emergency Services and says his company handles fire and smoke cleanup after fires.

      He urges people to be cautious when using space heaters.

      "Situations like this can be prevented by leaving heaters at least three feet away from any time of clothing whether it's drapes, bedding, and any type of fabric," Bradshaw said.

      He says heaters should always be off when not at home.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER