component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      39
      Sunday
      59 / 36
      Monday
      56 / 33
      Tuesday
      46 / 28

      Unattended iron sparks Thursday night fire

      The Albany Fire Department responded to a 911 call Thursday night for a structure fire at 529 Honeysuckle Drive. / Sean Streicher


      UPDATE 2/15/13 6:30pm

      The Albany Fire Department had to return to the house Friday after boxes were found smoldering in the attic above where the fire happened.

      ORIGINAL:

      The Albany Fire Department responded to a 911 call around 11 P.M. Thursday night for a structure fire at 529 Honeysuckle Drive.

      A teenager was home alone and was ironing clothes in a bedroom. After walking away and leaving the iron unattended, a fire started.

      Multiple engines responded quickly and had the fire under control in twenty-nine minutes.

      Damages in the 7100 square foot house are estimated to be worth $100,000.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER