A family that lost everything in a residential fire has received help from students and staff at Albany High School.
Johnny Howard TMs home burned down Wednesday afternoon.
Albany High students collected funds to support the family through this tough time.
Students also donated clothes just in cases they were needed.
When the school presented the family with a check, it came as a surprise to the displaced homeowner.
My daughter told me yesterday to come out today to the school because they needed to have a little meeting with me and it sort of touched my heart to see this happen today, said Johnny Howard. I'm very shocked. I TMm very happy and it really touched my heart knowing that people are thinking about me.