State targets 157 schools for extra help
The Georgia Department of Education released a list of 157 focus schools they're targeting to help as part of an accountability system.
The schools in Southwest Georgia on listed alphabetically by county below:
- Atkinson County â" Atkinson County Middle School
- Ben Hill County â" Ben Hill County Middle School
- Crisp County â" Crisp County High School, A.S. Clark Elementary School
- Dougherty County â" Albany Middle School, Radium Springs Middle School
- Sumter County â" Sumter County Elementary School, Sumter County Middle School
- Terrell County â" Terrell Middle School
- Tift County â" J.T. Reddick Elementary School
- Turner County â" Turner County Elementary School
All of the schools had either a graduation rate under 60% or significant gaps in test scores. The Georgia Department of Education says support and interventions will begin in June.For more information click here.