MENU

      Sparks set fire to East Roosevelt home

      The Albany Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 1103 East Roosevelt Avenue around 3 o'clock Thursday morning. / Kerri Copello


      The Albany Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 1103 East Roosevelt Avenue around 3 o'clock Thursday morning.

      The homeowner noticed that her house was on fire and called 911 for help.

      Multiple firefighters arrived at the scene in approximately four minutes and had the flames extinguished quickly.

      The fire is believed to be sparked by a wire and officials say there is a lot of damage done to the exterior of the house.

      The residents were home at the time of the fire but no injuries have been reported.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER