Smoke and flames displace family
The Adel Fire Department, Adel Police Department and EMS responded to a structure fire Saturday evening.
Around 5:45 PM, a fire broke out at a residence in the 300 block of South Burwell Street in Adel.
Authorities tell FOX 31 that there were five adults and three children inside the residence at the time of the fire.
It is believed that one of the children started a fire in a fireplace that was closed. The fire spread into the ceiling before firefighters could contain the flames.
No injuries were reported. The family turned down assistance from the American Red Cross and went to stay with other family members.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!