component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      55
      Friday
      70 / 39
      Saturday
      53 / 28
      Sunday
      55 / 38

      Smithville mobile home fire

      A mother and her six children were displaced Monday after their mobile home caught fire / Ashley Knight

      Lee County Firemen responded to a structure fire in Smithville Monday morning.

      Around 5:30 a.m., three trucks responded to 119 Long Drive where a mobile home was 50% consumed in flames.

      Officials suspect the fire started from a space heater left on overnight.

      A mother and her six children will be staying in a hotel for the next three days, thanks to the Americus Red Cross.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER