Six indictments returned from grand jury after Worth County HS search
After a grand jury was presented information on Tuesday, three members of the Worth County Sheriff's Office will now face charges after a high school search in April.
Of the 36 counts that were presented to the grand jury, six returned true bill, 24 were no bills and six were tabled.
The counts that came back as a true bill are as follows:
- Count 1: Violation of oath by public officer against Jeff Hobby
- Count 23: False imprisonment under color of law against Jeff Hobby
- Count 30: Sexual battery against Jeff Hobby and Tyler Turner
- Count 31: Violation of oath by public officer against Tyler Turner
- Count 33: Violation of oath by public officer against Deidra Whiddon, who was formerly known as Deidra Tucker
- Count 36: False imprisonment under color of law against Jeff Hobby
A special presentment bench warrant will be issued for those not previously arrested before.
The District Attorney's office can bring the no bill and tabled counts back before a grand jury if they choose to do so in the future.
Stay connected to WFXL.com as the story develops.