We're getting closer to the holiday season, but for many people this year is going to be a tough one.
That's why United Hospice and the Second Harvest Food Bank are teaming up for a canned food drive.
Starting Monday, they'll have drop boxes where people can donate non-perishable food items and toiletries.
"We have found in serving the 22 counties that united hospice services we found a need for food," said Hope Payne or United Hospice. "We wanted to make sure that our families, and the elderly population especially, have the opportunity to have a decent meal around the holidays."
The food will go to families in a nine county service area in Southwest Georgia (Miller, Calhoun, Early, Worth, Dougherty, Lee, Terrell, Crisp, and Sumter).
Donation drop boxes have been set up at the following locations:
1. Worth County Health Department in Sylvester GA, 1012 west Franklin St, Sylvester, GA, 31791. Sylvester Healthcare located at 104 Monk St in Sylvester.
2. Harvey's in Sylvester, located at 502 Ashburn Hwy Sylvester, GA 31791.
3. Albany Healthcare in Albany GA, located at 223 West Third Ave.
4. Centry Pines and Evergreen Senior living, located at 2821 Gillionville Rd in Albany GA.
5. Sam's Club of Albany, located at 1201 North Westover Blvd, in Albany.
6. Crisp County Rec Department In Cordele GA, located at 1205 North 5th Ave, Cordele GA 31015.
7. United Hospice of Cordele, located at 708 East 16th Ave in Cordele.
8. Dr. Kevin Holloway's office located at 108 East 4th Ave Cordele, GA 31015.
9. Harvey's grocery in Dawson GA, located at 279 south main street, Dawson, GA 39842.
10. Dawson Manor Health and Rehab(nursing home), located at 1159 Georgia Ave South east, Dawson, GA 39842.
11. Rubo's grocery in Leesburg, GA, located at 242 Walnut Ave S, Leesburg GA 31763.
12. Winn Dixe in Americus, located at 1206 Crawford St Americus, GA 31709.
The Food Drive will start on October the 3rd and run through the 15th of November.