Salvation Army hosts uniform clothing drive for Tift Co. students
An all new donation drive is trying to help out Tift County families as kids head into the new school year.
The Salvation Army in Tifton is collecting uniforms as primary and elementary school students in Tift County will be required to wear them starting next year.
Organizers of the clothing drive are asking for new or gently-used uniforms only.
Two pairs of uniforms per child will be given out to families at the Back To School Bash on July 21 at the Tift County Recreation Department.
Leaders say they're hoping to help as many kids in need as possible but they can’t do that without the communities help.
"Everybody gets on hard times sometimes. There’s no need to be ashamed. That's what we're here for,” said Salvation Army board member Danny Wallace. "There is a need sometimes unfortunately. That's one of the bad things. But the community is there to help those people out whenever they need it."
The drive runs through July 14.
The following locations are drop off sites:
- The Salvation Army: 1205 HWY 82 E
- Ameris Bank: Old Ocilla Road
- Sisters Ice Cream Shoppe” 126 1st Street (Downtown)
- Fulp Family Dentistry: 215 Magnolia Drive
- YMCA: 1657 Carpenter Road
- Commercial Banking Company: 729 2nd Street
- City of Tifton Fire Department: 403 Forrest Avenue
- Union Grove Church of God: 4144 US HWY 41 North
Click here for uniform regulation guidelines.