Restaurant Report: September 1, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Main Garden, 162 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 86
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there food debris left on the counter overnight.
Cooked and ready-to-eat chipped pork was stored in a plastic grocery bag.
Wet wiping cloth was left on the counter between uses from the night before.
A thorough cleaning needed to be done throughout the establishment including cleaning floors, walls and ceilings. Behind equipment and in between cracks and crevices needed to be cleaned as well.
Lastly, Main Garden was cited for several live roaches and flies present upon arrival into the kitchen. Roaches were found in the vegetable sink, on the floor near the cook line, in the back near dry storage and flies were everywhere.Top Scores:
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Pizza Hut Express, 504 College Dr., Albany - Grade: 100
- Subway, 301 Old Radium Springs Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Betty Jo's Roadhouse Grill, 602 W. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- Dairy Queen, 1407 N. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Zaxby's, 128 Benjamin Hill Dr., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, 1103 King Rd., Tifton - Grade: 100
- La'Berry Frozen Yogurt Cafe, 626 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Shri Charan Inc., 324 W. Hartford St., Edison - Grade: 98
- McDonald's, 2615 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Krystal's, 1206 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 97
- Subway, 172 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 96
- All Pro, 127 Leslie Hwy., Leesburg - Grade: 95
- Logan's Roadhouse, 910 W. 7th St., Tifton - Grade: 91
- Macy's Place, 1939 S. Jackson St., Albany - Grade: 90
- Backwood's Bar-b-que, 19042 Hartford St., Edison - Grade: 87
- Main Garden, 162 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 86
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to wfxl.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!