Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Red Lobster, 2403 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 77
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for an employee washing their hands in a sanitizer bucket.
An employee drink was found on the food prep table.
Food and ice were stored uncovered and subject to contamination.
The inside of the ice machine was dirty. The manager cleaned and was advised to clean every 24 hours.
Sanitizer water was dirty and wet cloths were on the counter.
Utensils were stacked wet.
Improper shelving was used in the walk-in cooler.
The drain plug was missing from the dumpster.
Lastly, Red Lobster was cited for the freezer floor being dirty.
Three Squares Diner, 1587 U.S. Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 77
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for an employee cracking raw eggs and not washing their hands before taking food off the grill.
Food in the prep cooler was stored at a temperature greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lastly, Three Squares Diner was cited for there being no label on the sugar container.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Subway, 1505 Philema Rd., Leesburg - Grade: 100
- Burger King, 1608 Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Lamplighter Pub, 1801 U.S. Highway 41 N., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 511 N. Davis St., Nashville - Grade: 100
- Carlton's Hambrugers Inc., 119 Front St., Sylvester - Grade: 98
- Burger King, 508 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 94
- Carter Burgers, 1213 S. 7th St., Cordele - Grade: 91
- Dave's Bread & Coffee House, 1805 N. Tift, Tifton - Grade: 91
- Northside CafÃ, 1629 N. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 91
- Waffle House, 2203 U.S. Highway 41 N., Tifton - Grade: 91
- Subway, 122 N. Jackson St., Albany - Grade: 91
- Kobe Hibachi and Sushi, 831 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 91
- Arby's, 2718 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Pizza Quick, 305 W. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 90
- Charley B's, 2401 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 90
- McDonald's, 1003 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Subway, 700 W. 4th St., Adel - Grade: 88
- Krystal, 819 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 87
- Taqueria Viki, 10 Sandra Dr., Tifton - Grade: 87
- Red Lobster, 2403 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 77
- Three Squares Diner, 1587 U.S. Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 77
- Kuntry Rooster, 19042 Hartford St., Edison - Grade: 77
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!