Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Subway, 2215 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 88
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there no paper towels being at the handsink.
Sanitizer at the 3-compartment sink was too strong.
The cloth sanitizer was too strong; the employee fixed the solution so it was at the proper strength.
Lastly, Subway was cited for an employee beverage cup being stored in the walk-in freezer.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Burger King, 404 W. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Kregg's BBQ, 1401 N. Jefferson St., Albany - Grade: 100
- Legend Lounge & Club, 725 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 809 S. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- McDonald's, 617 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 98
- Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurant, 708 S. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 97
- Subway, 628 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 96
- Kingdom's Kitchen, 1506 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Mary's Restaurant, 102 E. Fleetwood Ave., Willacoochee - Grade: 91
- Palace Sport Bar Restaurant, 2220 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., Albany - Grade: 91
- Subway, 783 Forrester Dr., Dawson - Grade: 91
- Subway, 2215 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 88
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!