Pizza Hut, 204 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 78
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being a buildup of slime and mold on the inside of the ice machine.
Prepared pizzas were not being held at the correct temperature in the refrigerator. The pizzas were moved to the walk-in cooler and the person-in-charge was instructed not to use the refrigerator until it was serviced.
Pizza and breadstick sauces were made from ingredients stored at the improper temperature and cooled by a nonapproved method. Sauces were divided into smaller portions uncovered and placed on ice in the walk-in cooler.
Lastly, Pizza Hut was cited for not having the food service permit nor the ServSafe certificate displayed.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- McDonald's, 207 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- TCBY, 2416 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Rockin' Joe, 1811 U.S. Highway 41 N., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Simply Southern, Hwy 82, Willacoochee - Grade: 93
- Wendy's, 1716 1st Ave. SE, Moultrie - Grade: 95
- Maryland Fried Chicken, 207 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 94
- Harvest Moon, 2347 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Subway, 195 Highway 300, Warwick - Grade: 93
- Sambos Jumbos, 101 McCranie St., Willacoochee - Grade: 93
- Hot Dog King, 110 Cordele Rd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Pizza Hut, 204 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 78
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it. Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!