Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Waffle House, 1804 McCormick Dr., Tifton - Grade: 73
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for the persons-in-charge, managers and certified food service managers not being properly trained or retrained on hot holding, cooling, time as a public health control, chemical storage and concentration and cooling methods.
A table tent and manager's special sign offering undercooked items without a consumer advisory notification. The person-in-charge was instructed to notify area and/or district manager so that they may contact corporate office to remedy problem. Only fully cooked items are to be displayed on the manager's special sign.
Grits were discarded after not being held at the correct temperature.
Hashbrowns were prepared from and/or mixed with ingredient(s) at ambient temperature and not cooled to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within four hours in an upright 4-door cooler. The person-in-charge was instructed to use ice cold water to rehydrate hashbrowns to ensure proper cooling.
Raw shell eggs were held using time as a public health control with no time marking.
Chlorine sanitizer concentration was above the allowed concentration in the wiping cloth containers. Dish detergent was stored on the drainboard of the vegetable sink. There was a chemical bottle stored on the countertop next to an ice bin. Three chemical bottles were stored on the rack for syrup, cocoa, tea, etc.
Lastly, Waffle House was cited for hashbrowns being cooled by nonapproved method.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Dairy Queen, 1407 N. Tift. Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- All American Fun Park, 2680 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Amber's Health Spot, 101 Pecan St., Leesburg - Grade: 100
- McDonald's, 730 E. Washington Ave., Ashburn - Grade: 100
- Tip Top Deli, 231 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 100
- Barnyard BBQ, 1070 Old Bell Lake Rd., Douglas - Grade: 99
- Fern Bank, 235 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 99
- Taco Bell, 2006 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Old Mexico, 107 N. Isabella St., Sylvester - Grade: 96
- Sonic Drive-In, 908 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Main Garden, 162 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 93
- La Hacienda, 247 E. Monroe Ave., Ashburn - Grade: 91
- Bowl-A-Rama, 1200 W. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 90
- Taco Bell, 496 N. Veterans Pkwy., Moultrie - Grade: 90
- Hot Dog King, 1002 Oakridge Dr., Albany - Grade: 86
- Subway, 4431 Old Union Rd., Tifton - Grade: 85
- Captain D's, 1214 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 82
- Steak N Shake, 4429 Old Union Rd., Tifton - Grade: 76
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!