Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Taco Bell, 496 N. Veterans Pkwy., Moultrie - Grade: 90
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being no paper towels at the front handwashing sink .
Food-contact surfaces were not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after use. An employee rinsed a cutting board in the vegetable prep sink and put in storage without washing.
There was no copy of the latest inspection report posted.
Utensils were not store with the handle above the food. This was corrected on-site.
Lastly, Taco Bell was cited for equipment and utensils not being properly air-dried and double stacked.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Chicken Delite, 180 E. Oakland Ave., Camilla - Grade: 100
- Walker's Bar-B-Que, 71 E. Willis St., Sycamore - Grade: 100
- Fat Boy's Backyard BBQ and More, 509 N. Main St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- Zaxby's, 1004 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 99
- Taco Bell, 1200 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 99
- Ruby Tuesday, 1324 S. Madison Ave., Douglas - Grade: 95
- Krystal's, 1206 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 92
- Nether's Restaurant, 105 E. Martin Luther King Dr., Sylvester - Grade: 92
- Lil Mike's Family Restaurant, 611 S. Gaskin Ave., Douglas - Grade: 91
- Jernigan's Barefoot Deli, 9462 US 82, Alapaha - Grade: 91
- Subway, 456 Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 91
- Taco Bell, 496 N. Veterans Pkwy., Moultrie - Grade: 90
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!