Restaurant Report: June 30, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Shri Charan Inc., 324 W. Hartford St., Edison - Grade: 66
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for the person in charge not doing his/her responsibilities regarding daily monitoring and oversight of cooking temperatures, training employees on food safety and reporting responsibilities about health that relates to diseases transmittable through food.
Employees could not demonstrate knowledge of the reporting requirements for the five diseases or symptoms that are transmittable through food.
No consumer advisory posted for raw eggs cooked to order during breakfast.
Eggs and rice were being held at 54 degrees Fahrenheit in a glass refrigeration unit. Fried chicken and wings were being held at 130 and 128 degrees Fahrenheit on a hot hold cabinet. The person in charge was told to reheat food to 172 degrees before serving.
The person in charge did not have the proper thermometer for measuring cold holding temperatures of food items stored in coolers.
Observed damaged, missing ceiling tiles over food prep and storage areas.
Lastly, numerous roaches and flies were seen in the establishment.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Betty Jo's Roadhouse Grill, 602 W. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- Maryland Fried Chicken, 100 N. Main St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- Chili's Grill & Bar, 707 W. 7th St., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Main Street Theatre, 152 N. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 100
- Bogey's Bar & Grill, 2238 Palmyra Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- ATCO Pizza, 6 Main St., Pearson - Grade: 100
- Cowboy Bill's, 4502 Sylvester Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Imagination Theater, 117 Pine Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Little Whiskey River, 2900 Sylvester Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Lemon Grass, 2820 Meredyth Dr., Albany - Grade: 99
- Applejax, 1303 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 98
- Krystal, 819 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 98
- Ranchero's Fresh Grill, 500 N. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 97
- Oglethorpe Lounge, 825 W. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Circlestone Country Club, 13629 E. Highway 76, Adel - Grade: 97
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 708 US Highway 319 S., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Bayou's, 411 Philema Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Subway, 202 Oakridge Dr., Albany - Grade: 96
- Lilly's, 519 W. 24th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 96
- Nick's Steak and Pasta, 114 E. 4th St., Ocilla - Grade: 96
- Dragon House, 118 Philema Rd., Albany - Grade: 95
- Hardee's, 203 N. Main St., Pearson - Grade: 95
- Krystal, 1605 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 95
- Waffle House, 103 Logan Ct., Albany - Grade: 94
- Pearly's Famous Country Cooking, 814 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Billy Boy's Wings & BBQ, 2317 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 93
- Picnic Pizza, 2510 Archwood Dr., Albany - Grade: 92
- Carnitas Roberto, 795 Aubrey Paulk Rd., Ambrose - Grade: 92
- Country Cabin, Mary Batten Rd., Pearson - Grade: 91
- Blackbeard's, 2209 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 91
- Little Caesar's, 1220 S. Madison Ave., Douglas - Grade: 91
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant, 629 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- 16 East, 1309 E. 16th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 90
- The Mayberry Diner, 2349 Lake Park Dr., Albany - Grade: 89
- Colony City Buffet, 233 Ocilla Highway, Fitzgerald - Grade: 87
- Classy Carmels and Catering, 125 Geise Rd., Bronwood - Grade: 86
- El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, 1103 King Rd., Tifton - Grade: 83
- Cordelia's Restaurant, 2459 W. 280 Hwy., Cordele - Grade: 71
- Shri Charan Inc., 324 W. Hartford St., Edison - Grade: 66
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!