Restaurant Report: July 8, 2013
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures.
If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
San Joe's Mexican Grill - Grade: 69
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector found that there was no certified food manager in the restaurant at the time of the inspection.
Raw animal products were uncovered and stored next to each other on the same shelf. The manager corrected this violation on-site.
There were low levels of sanitizer used in the dishwasher.
Finally, San Joe's Mexican Grill was cited for numerous plumbing leaks.
Southern Style Restaurant - Grade: 89
During the inspection, chicken gizzards were found thawing in water and rolls were covered by cloth towels. Both violations were corrected at the time of the inspection.
Points were also deducted because an employee entered the restroom with his apron on and did not change aprons when he returned to the kitchen.
Waffle House - Grade: 86
The inspector found that no soap was available at the hand sinks and the sanitizer solution was not at a proper strength. This violation was corrected.
A few local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week, and several others were graded in the 90s.
- Family Table, 107 W Railroad St, Pelham - Grade: 100
- The Smokehouse, 1616 U.S. Hwy 82 W, Tifton - Grade: 100
- Burger King, 2805 North Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Hutto's Bar-B-Q & Grill, 943 GA Hwy 32 E, Ocilla - Grade: 100
- Burger King #9531, 2805 North Slappey, Albany - Grade:100
- Sonic Drive In, 55 Brantley Blvd, Douglas - Grade: 99
- Subway Sandwiches, 1801 N Slappey, Albany - Grade: 99
- The Catch, 2332 Whispering Pines Rd, Albany - Grade: 98
- Sno Biz, 110 Virginia Ave, Tifton - Grade: 96
- Red Lobster, 2403 N Slappey, Albany - Grade: 96
- Kristina's Kitchen, 5926 GA Hwy 133 S, Moultrie - Grade: 96
- Dairy Queen, 2616 First Ave SE, Moultrie - Grade: 96
- Burger King, 404 W. Oglethorpe, Albany - Grade: 95
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 421 Veteran's Pkwy, Moultrie - Grade: 94
- Little Caesar's Pizza, 1100 N Slappey Blvd, Albany - Grade: 94
- Krystal, 713 W. Oglethorpe, Albany - Grade: 93
- 5th Street Sandwich Shop, 203 2nd St. NW, Moultrie - Grade: 92
- Old Mexico, 1717 1st Ave SE, Moultrie - Grade: 92
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 808 W 7th St, Tifton - Grade: 91
- Hawkeye Bar-B-Que Specialties, 307 W 12th St, Tifton - Grade: 91
- Captain D's Seafood, 1200 First Ave SE, Moultrie - Grade: 91
- McDonald's, 1003 South Slappey, Albany - Grade: 90
- China Cafe, 801 First Ave SE, Moultrie - Grade: 90
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.