First Update (7/30/14)
Paco's Mexican Restaurant was reinspected on July 30. Their score rose to an 85. Read their new inspection here.
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Paco's Mexican Restaurant, 285 U.S. Hwy. 19 S, Leesburg - Grade: 58
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for the person-in-charge not able to answer food safety questions including monitoring and oversight of cooling processes.
The person-in-charge didn't wash hands before dipping ice into customer drink cups or putting gloves on to handle food. No paper towels were provided by the hand sink near the drive-thru window.
Employees could not explain the five diseases or symptoms of illness that are transmittable through food and could not explain their reporting requirements to management.
Several food items were left uncovered while stored in the reach-in and walk-in cooler.
Mold and rust was found on inside surfaces of the ice machine. There was mold on the drink dispenser nozzles and inside the tea urn nozzles at the drive-thru window. Dried food debris was found on the piercing part of the can opener.
Enchiladas and burritos were not heated to the proper temperatures before being placed on the buffet.
Cut tomatoes were cold held at the wrong temperature on the top shelf of the prep cooler.
Refried beans were not held at the proper hot hold temperature.
Multiple food items were cooled improperly.
Lastly, Paco's Mexican Restaurant was cited for food items held on the buffet without sneeze guards. No consumer advisory was posted for obtaining a clean plate at the buffet bar.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Chick-Fil-A, 100 Dennis Dr., Albany - Grade: 100
- Starbucks Coffee, 417 3rd Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Pat's Fun Foods, 216 NE DeSota St., Arlington - Grade: 100
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 501 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- J's Plantation House, 3051 Hwy. 82 E., Sumner - Grade: 100
- Krispy Chik, 50 N. Harney St., Camilla - Grade: 98
- Triple Diamond Lounge, 1009 E. Clark Ave., Grade: 98
- Pizza Hut, 615 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 97
- Hip Hop Fish & Chicken, 1400 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Quarters Fast Foods, 205 E. Broad St., Camilla - Grade: 96
- Outback Steakhouse, 823 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Subway, 1404 N. Jefferson St., Albany - Grade: 94
- Nothing Fancy Catfish House, 4269 GA Hwy. 234, Leary - Grade: 93
- Captain D's, 255 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 91
- Logan's Roadhouse, 1200 N. Westover Blvd., Grade: 91
- Taco Bell, 1404 W. Fourth St., Adel - Grade: 91
- Hot Wok, 105 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 91
- New Red Wok, 1007 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- China East-Po's Sub Sandwiches, 1719 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Wayne's Restaurant and Grill, 415 S. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 86
- Olive Garden, 1208 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 85
- Paco's Mexican Restaurant, 285 U.S. Hwy. 19 S, Leesburg - Grade: 58
- Garcia's Mexican Food, 3331 Sylvester Rd., Albany - Grade: P, A
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!