Carter's Grill, 321 W. Highland Ave., Albany - Grade: 87
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for the certified food service manager certification being expired. The person-in-charge signed two employees up for a class in August.
Carter's Grill was also cited for food being held at a temperature lower than 135 degrees Fahrenheit. The person-in-charge heated food to the proper temperature.
Waffle House, 722 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: P, A
This Waffle House was just recently under preoperational construction.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being no certified food safety manager certificate present or posted.
Raw meat and eggs were stored above and intermingled with ready-to-eat food in refrigerators. Food storage was rearranged to code.
Clean tableware stored at the cook line was not inverted or covered.
Observed/not in-use plastic reusable food storage containers stored in the crawl space of the ceiling.
Lastly, Waffle House was cited for single service items not properly protected from potential contamination while stored or on display.
Top Scores: Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Chick-Fil-A, 1202 Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 100
- Freeze Frozen Yogurt, 629 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Starbucks Coffee, 417 Third Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Little Jamaican Restaurant, 239 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Michelle's Kitchen, 2522 Highway 82 W., Sylvester - Grade: 96
- Titan's Cafe, 1704 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Moe's Southwest Grill, 1016 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Subway, 1404 N. Jefferson St., Albany - Grade: 94
- Rumba Tropical, 312 Thornton Dr., Albany - Grade: 92
- Carter's Banquet Facilities, 317 Highland Ave., Albany - Grade: 92
- Guangzhou Chinese Restaurant, 1214 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Logan's Roadhouse, 1200 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 91
- Carter's Grill, 321 W. Highland Ave., Albany - Grade: 87
- Waffle House, 722 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: P, A
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it. Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!