Restaurant Report: July 14, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Wayne's Restaurant and Grill, 415 S. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 69
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for no soap at the kitchen handsink.
Cheese and onions were stored next to raw pork in the prep line cooler. The person-in-charge threw away the cheese and onions.
Rice was held hot below 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
French fries and canned goods were stored on the floor.
Wiping cloths were stored on the counter between uses. The person-in-charge put the cloths in sanitize solution.
Coolers, tables and the stove were dirty.
The was no cold water at a restroom handsink.
The kitchen floor is in disrepair.
And lastly, Wayne's Restaurant and Grill was cited for the kitchen light shield being broken.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Papa John's Pizza, 1805 N. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Another Place, 1502 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits, 71 US Highway 19 N., Camilla - Grade: 99
- Taqueria La Mexicana, 2205 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 97
- Garden Terrace Cafe, 417 W. 3rd Ave., Albany - Grade: 96
- Shabazz Fish Supreme, 241 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Grade: 96
- Michelle's Kitchen, 2522 Highway 82 W., Sylvester - Grade: 96
- The Catch, 2332 Whispering Pines Rd., Albany - Grade: 95
- Subway, 1224 S. Madison Ave., Douglas - Grade: 94
- Rumba Tropical, 312 Thornton Dr., Albany - Grade: 92
- Subway, 919 W. Ward St., Douglas - Grade: 92
- Wing Dixie & Deli, 244 Cordele Rd., Albany - Grade: 91
- El Vaquero, 2700 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Steak & Shake, 718 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Rockin' Roll Bowling, 1300 SE Bowens Mill Rd., Douglas - Grade: 87
- House of China II, 2526 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 85
- El Metate Mexican Restaurant, 1021 2nd St. W., Tifton - Grade: 84
- El Dorado Mexican Restaurant, 728 E. 5th St., Tifton - Grade: 72
- Wayne's Restaurant and Grill, 415 S. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 69
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!