Restaurant Report: January 6, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
House of China II, 2526 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 85
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for raw chicken and seafood being stored above raw, uncooked vegetables.
Personal food items and restaurant food were intermingled in the cooler.
The preparation table shelf and walk-in cooler door were rusted and the cooler floor was worn.
Dumpster lids were damaged and did not fit tightly.
The back doors, tile floors, walls, ceiling, vent hood and piping needed to be cleaned and replaced.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 501 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 100
- Barry's Deli, 102 E. Hall St., Nashville - Grade: 100
- Pizza Hut, 2406 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Michelle's Kitchen, 2522 Highway 82 W., Sylvester - Grade: 97
- Pizza Hut, 615 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 96
- Papa John's Pizza, 711 North Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- San Joe's, 2401 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Lemon Grass, 2820 Meredyth Dr., Albany - Grade: 95
- Captain D's Seafood, 1200 1st Ave. SE, Moultrie - Grade: 95
- O'Neal's Country Buffet, 201 McPherson Ave., Nashville - Grade: 95
- Turning Point, 3015 Veterans Pkwy, Moultrie - Grade: 93
- Old Mexico, 1717 1st Ave. SE, Moultrie - Grade: 91
- Cypress Pointe, 605 Old Milltown Rd., Nashville - Grade: 90
- House of China II, 2526 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 85
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!