Waffle House, 1001 W. Fourth St., Adel - Grade: 68
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for food stored on the floor and on a shelf next to cleaning chemicals.
An egg mixer was not cleaned after it was used. Pink mold was found in the interior of the ice machine.
Multiple food items were not being held at the proper temperature of greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. The sandwich cooler was not maintaining a food temperature of 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
Eight containers of waffle mix were disposed of by the manager after being stored past the disposal date marked.
Waffle House was also cited for coolers being dirty with food debris and the area under the grill line and waffle iron being dirty with food and grease.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Wendy's, 2548 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Albany State University Subway, 301 Old Radium Springs Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Church's Chicken, 401 W. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Rosita's Mexican Restaurant, 701 S. Shirley Ave., Douglas - Grade: 100
- Krystal, 1605 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Ed's Truckstop, 209 Hwy. 82 W., Poulan - Grade: 97
- Subway, 310 Cordele Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- The Catfish House, 1902 N. Madison Ave., Douglas - Grade: 93
- Chester's Fried Chicken, 1604 Camilla Hwy., Moultrie - Grade: 93
- Mrs. Bea's Soul Food, 1626 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 91
- Carter's Grill, 321 W. Highland Ave., Albany - Grade: 91
- Guangzhou Chinese Restaurant, 1214 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Wishbone Fried Chicken, 605 Love Ave., Tifton - Grade: 89
- Waffle House, 1001 W. Fourth St., Adel - Grade: 68
- El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, 619 Veteran's Pkwy. S., Moultrie - Grade: 64
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it. Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!