Restaurant Report: February 3, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Kountry Korner, 8125 Albany Highway, Sasser - Grade: 82
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being no water, paper towels and soap at the kitchen handwash sink. Paper towels were also missing from the two restroom handwash sinks.
Raw eggs were stored above ready-to-eat foods in the cooler. Eggs were moved to a separate area in the cooler.
Kountry Korner was also cited for chicken being thawed improperly. This was corrected on-site.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Subway, 1830 U.S. Highway 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Western Sizzlin, 1500 W. Fourth St., Adel - Grade: 100
- Moe's Southwest Grill, 1016 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Chuck E. Cheese, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- The Smokehouse, 1616 U.S. Highway 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 96
- King's Deli, 103 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 84
- Kountry Korner, 8125 Albany Highway, Sasser - Grade: 82
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!