Restaurant Report: February 24, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Riverfront #2 Bar-B-Q and Catfish House, 1533 Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 76
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being no certified food safety manager present.
The person-in-charge had no knowledge of which illnesses and symptoms require reporting to the manager.
There was less than the required amount of chemical sanitizer concentration according to a test strip being used in a three-compartment sink while washing utensils.
Brunswick stew was not at the correct temperature after cooling overnight in the walk-in refrigerator. The person-in-charge threw away the container of stew.
Lastly, Riverfront #2 Bar-B-Q and Catfish House was cited for two bulk food containers not having a food label identifying the food by common name. The person-in-charge corrected the container labels.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Sonic Drive In, 276 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- Subway, 172 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- Wendy's, 271 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- Family Ties Gifts & Yogurt, 113 1st St. SE, Moultrie - Grade: 100
- China Buffet, 1221 W. 4th St. 21, Adel - Grade: 100
- Bojangles, 303 S. Magnolia St., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Yellow Monkey, 162 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Zaxby's, 812 E. Washington Ave., Ashburn - Grade: 100
- Leesburg Express, 275 U.S. 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 100
- Starbucks Coffee, 417 Third Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Logan's Roadhouse, 1200 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- La'Berry Frozen Yogurt Cafe, 626 N. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- BJ's Buffet and Bakery, 2401 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Austin's Firegrill, 2817 Old Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Dragon 1 Chinese Restaurant, 3121 S. Central Ave., Tifton - Grade: 97
- Verona's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, 212 Main St., Tifton - Grade: 96
- McDonald's, 274 U.S. Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 94
- Maryland Fried Chicken, 207 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 94
- Subway, 1103 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 94
- International House of Pancakes, 125 Cartmell Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Wing Dixie & Deli, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Marco's Pizza, 2818 Old Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Subway, 1404 N. Jefferson St., Albany - Grade: 92
- Golden Corral, 2524 Archwood Dr., Albany - Grade: 89
- Little Caesar's Pizza, 1876 U.S. Highway 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 89
- Pizza Quick Inc., 191 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 87
- Riverfront #2 Bar-B-Q and Catfish House, 1533 Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 76
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!