Restaurant Report: February 17, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Maryland Fried Chicken, 207 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 67
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for a line cook handling ready-to-eat chicken without gloves on.
Employee personal beverages were improperly stored above food.
The dishwashing sink was missing soap and paper towels. The food prep area sink, dishwash area sink and handwash sink were soiled and had non-functional cold water faucets.
Storage bins of raw chicken were left uncovered in the walk-in cooler.
There were no food cooking thermometers.
The vegetable sink and walk-in cooler door needed repair.
No sanitizer test strips were present.
The exterior kitchen cooler, ice machine, walk-in cooler storage racks were soiled and need to be cleaned.
Lastly, Maryland Fried Chicken was cited for the kitchen floor being damaged and walls, ceiling and floors in need of cleaning.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Kebo's BBQ & More Inc., 123 US Hwy. 19 S., Camilla - Grade: 100
- Freeze Frozen Yogurt, 629 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Wendys, 1101 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Sonja's Kitchen, 127 Stanton Dr., Smithville - Grade: 100
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, 2701 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Sports Zone, 703 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Mom and Pop's Kitchen, 18811 Morgan Rd., Arlington - Grade: 96
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 2733 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Dot's Country Kitchen, 113 Main St., Smithville - Grade: 96
- Mellow Mushroom Pizza, 2825 Nottingham Way, Albany - Grade: 95
- Little Caesar's Pizza, 2211 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 95
- Sbarro, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Coach's Sports Bar, 2610 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Jo's Southern Cooking, 1935 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Stevi B's Pizza Buffet, 131 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 89
- PIP's Hot Dog, 855 M.L.K. Dr., Dawson - Grade: 88
- China Garden, 2228 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 84
- Maryland Fried Chicken, 207 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 67
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!