Restaurant Report: February 10, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Wing Dixie & Deli, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 78
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there not being any soap at the back handwash station, the front service area and by the grill. Paper towels were missing from the grill and in the employee restroom.
Hot and cold food temperatures were not correct. The items were removed from service at the time of the inspection.
Multiple unlabeled chemical bottles were stored at the three-compartment sink.
Lastly, Wing Dixie & Deli was cited for stagnant water being used to thaw frozen wings in a three-compartment sink. The person-in-charge corrected the problem.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Subway, 290 W. Railroad St., Pelham - Grade: 100
- Club Vybe & Lounge, 1020 Flint Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Henry Campbell's Steakhouse, 629 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Johnny's New York Style Pizza, 216 N. Madison Ave., Douglas - Grade: 100
- Sports Zone, 703 S. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Citlalli's Mobile, 248 Albany Highway, Pearson - Grade: 99
- Grill Doctor, 7585 E. Atkinson Blvd., Axson - Grade: 99
- Fox's Pizza, 457 Roundtree Dr., Dawson - Grade: 99
- Albany State University Cafeteria, 100 Dennis Dr., Albany - Grade: 97
- Grill Doctor Mobile, 7585 E. Atkinson Blvd., Axson - Grade: 96
- Cowboy Cafe, 21 Railroad Ave., Pearson - Grade: 96
- Riverfront Bar-B-Q Mobile, 105 W. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 94
- Jo's Southern Cooking, 1935 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Coach's Sports Bar, 2610 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- The Farmhouse, 575 Roundtree Dr., Dawson - Grade: 89
- Crazy Buffet, 244 Cordele St., Albany - Grade: 89
- Sonny's, 1900 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 85
- Tienda Dos Hermanos, 112 Railroad Ave., Grade: 85
- Wayne's Restaurant and Grill, 415 S. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 85
- House of You, 1514 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 85
- Wing Dixie & Deli, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 78
- JoJo's, 106 S. Magnolia St., Tifton - Grade: 77
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!