Restaurant Report: December 16, 2013
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Huddle House, 265 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 76
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health , any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for potentially hazardous cold food being held at greater than forty-one degrees Fahrenheit. Food was discarded.
A Huddle House employee put gloves on without washing their hands first.
The handwash sink in the back area did not have paper towels. The inspector advised that when paper towels run out, they should be replaced at that moment.
Huddle House management requested that a follow-up inspection be done.Top Scores:
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Bobby's Treat Shop, 200 W. Ward St., Douglas - Grade: 100
- Hutto's Bar-B-Q & Grill, 943 GA Hwy. 32, Ocilla - Grade: 100
- Zeke's Barbecue, 395 Collier Rd., Sycamore - Grade: 100
- Main Street Theatre, 152 N. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 100
- The Catch, 2332 Whispering Pines Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Fast Stop, 104 W. 6th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 98
- Dairy Queen, 509 E. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 98
- Three Squares Diner, 202 W. Franklin St., Sylvester - Grade: 97
- Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurant, 708 S. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 97
- Santos Lounge, 1101 S. Main St., Tifton - Grade: 97
- Waffle House, 3402 Frontage Rd., Cordele - Grade: 97
- Nick's Steak and Pasta, 114 E. 4th St., Ocilla - Grade: 96
- Chick-Fil-A, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Floyd's Barbecue, 121 Benjamin H. Hill Dr., Fitzgerald - Grade: 96
- Hawkeye Bar-B-Que Specialties, 307 W. 12th St., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Dragon House, 118 Philema Rd., Albany - Grade: 95
- Tienda Mexicana El Girasol, 102 E. 14th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 95
- Maryland Fried Chicken, 510 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Subway, 919 W. Ward St., Douglas - Grade: 92
- Chicken Coop, 201 S. Sheridan St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 91
- Smoakies Bar-B-Que, 107 Cemetery Rd., Cordele - Grade: 91
- Arby's, 2718 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 91
- Carter's Fried Chicken, 602 N. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 90
- Taqueria Del Sol, 728 E. 5th St., Tifton - Grade: 90
- The New Wingmasters Sports Bar & Grill, 309 S. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 90
- Chili's Grill & Bar, 707 W. 7th St., Tifton - Grade: 89
- Dairy Queen, 1401 E. 6th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 89
- The Smokehouse, 1616 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 82
- Huddle House, 265 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 76
- Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.