Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Taqueria La Mexicana Mobile Unit, 2205 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 82
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for there being no evidence of a certified food safety manager or a training completion certificate posted.
There was no written or verbal employee health policy for the establishment.
The hand washing sink was blocked due to utensil storage.
No hand washing sign was posted at the hand wash sink area.
There was no ware washing chemical sanitizer testing device for washing soiled utensils.
Lastly, Taqueria La Mexicana was cited for the service window left open and not protecting against the entry of insects and rodents. The entry door didn't have a tight fit when closed.Top Scores:
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- TCBY, 2416 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Sassy Dogs, 1600 Massey Post Rd., Cook - Grade: 100
- Wendy's, 3001 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 2833 Ledo Rd., Albany - Grade: 97
- Starbucks Coffee Company, 1204 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 97
- Leesburg Express, 275 U.S. 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 96
- Pizza Hut, 1909 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 94
- McDonald's, 609 S. Davis St., Nashville - Grade: 93
- Cracker Barrel Restaurant, 1905 Central Ave., Cordele - Grade: 91
- McDonald's, 2002 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 88
- Three Squares Diner, 1587 U.S. Hwy. 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 88
- Taqueria La Mexicana Mobile Unit, 2205 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 82
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to wfxl.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!