Restaurant Report: August 11, 2014
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Waffle House, 706 W. 7th St., Tifton - Grade: 72
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for all wiping cloth chlorine sanitizing solutions not at the proper minimum strength.
Potentially hazardous foods cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit in the makeline cooler. Keep the lid closed on the makeline cooler during down times.
Chili was found stored past the disposal date marked in the walk-in cooler. The chili was thrown away.
Chemicals were stored in the vegetable preparation sink.
Chili and gravy were being cooled by nonapproved method in the walk-in cooler.
Employee was seen washing lettuce at the faucet of the 3-compartment sink.
Lastly, Waffle House was cited for live roaches found under the cook line and dish washing area. The person-in-charge was instructed to thoroughly clean the establishment, including the floors, and then have Terminix spray.Top Scores:
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Dot's Country Kitchen, 113 Main St., Smithville - Grade: 100
- Sonja's Kitchen, 127 Stanton Dr., Smithville - Grade: 100
- Hardee's, 134 Curry St. NE, Pelham - Grade: 100
- Taco Bell, 1505 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Mel's Bar, 1408 W. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Jackson's Catering, 228 Tremont Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, 2701 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Firehouse Subs, 909 W. 8th St., Tifton - Grade: 99
- Domino's Pizza, 421 Love Ave., Tifton - Grade: 97
- Cracker Barrel, 1114 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- San Joe's Mexican Grill, 460 S. Main St., Dawson - Grade: 96
- Oscar's Place, 10865 Dickey St., Morgan - Grade: 95
- Jackson's Soul Food Kitchen, 113 W. Kelly St., Sylvester - Grade: 94
- Great Wall, 2800 Old Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- PIP's Hot Dog, 855 M.L.K. Dr., Dawson - Grade: 92
- Blue Moon Yogurt Co., 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 92
- Laredo Grill, 43 S. Scott St., Camilla - Grade: 91
- Crazy Buffet, 244 Cordele St., Albany - Grade: 90
- Al's Krispy Krunchy Inc., 3999 Vickers Crossing, Ambrose - Grade: 90
- Riverfront Bar-B-Q and Catfish House, 1533 Highway 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 88
- Sonny's, 1900 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 87
- Burger King, 1501 Radium Springs Rd., Albany - Grade: 87
- Huddle House, 1085 SE Forrester Dr., Dawson - Grade: 79
- Waffle House, 706 W. 7th St., Tifton - Grade: 72
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!