Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
Krystal, 819 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 79
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for slime and mold found on the tomato chopper and soda nozzles. Mold was also found in the ice bin at the drive-thru window.
Eggs were being stored at an improper temperature in an under counter refrigerator on the drive-thru cook line.
Utensils were being stored in standing water cooler than 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
Food debris was observed on the sides of all cooking equipment, on gaskets, inside a non-working cooler and on shelving under the cooking area.
There was also food debris on the kitchen floor under the cooking equipment.
Lastly, Krystal was cited for multiple live roaches in the cooking areas.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Fat Daddy's, 116 S. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- Subway, 802 N. Irwin Ave., Ocilla - Grade: 100
- Route 66 CafÃ, 181 U.S. Hwy. 19 N., Camilla - Grade: 100
- Zaxby's, 2806 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Sonic Drive-In, 317 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Hutto's Bar-B-Q & Grill, 943 GA Hwy. 32 E., Ocilla - Grade: 99
- LA's, 607 E. Baker Hwy., Douglas - Grade: 99
- Burger King, 2411 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 99
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 400 W. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 98
- Checkers, 112 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 97
- Waffle House, 1009 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Casa Maya, 125 Mathewson Ave., Pelham - Grade: 96
- China Super Buffet, 246 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 95
- Hog-N-Bones Breakfast and Bar-B-Q, 2008 U.S. Highway 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 93
- McDonald's, 824 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 91
- J.R. Wings & Things, 2221 E. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 87
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 637 Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 85
- Viet Pho, 717 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 83
- Krystal, 819 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 79
We reported last week that Super China Buffet in Fitzgerald scored a 55, and upon re-inspection, they scored a 95.
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!