The original inspection was done April 7th. China Super Buffet was re-inspected April 15th and received a score of 95.
Health inspectors are keeping a close eye out for hygiene violations - things like handling food and drinks properly and correct hand washing procedures. If these violations are allowed to go on without being corrected, customers could possibly get sick.
China Super Buffet, 246 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 55
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, any score below 70 is considered unsanitary.
During the inspection, the health inspector docked points for the person-in-charge and managers not being properly trained or retrained.
Employees must wash hands with soap and warm water at the handwash sink only, not a three-compartment sink.
An employee was observed handling raw carrots and spreading cooked chicken out in a pan without wearing gloves.
Raw pork was stored above jello. Raw animal products are to be stored below ready-to-eat foods. The jello was discarded.
Tea dispensor nozzles were found with debris buildup.
Chicken wings were not cooled correctly.
The ice scoop handle was stored in contact with the ice.
The hot water valve was not turned on at the handwash sink
Lastly, China Super Buffet was cited for mouse droppings in a store room adjacent to the employee bathroom and a live roach observed near the dish washing area. Pest control activities are to be increased.
Local restaurants obtained a perfect grade this week; several others were graded in the 90s.
- Fat Daddy's, 116 S. Grant St., Fitzgerald - Grade: 100
- Subway, 802 N. Irwin Ave., Ocilla - Grade: 100
- Cypress Pond, 15 Kent Rd., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Ranchero's Fresh Grill, 133 S. Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Sno Biz, 110 Virginia Ave., Tifton - Grade: 100
- The Rolling Pin, 1101 King Rd., Tifton - Grade: 100
- Subway, 227 Walnut St., Leesburg - Grade: 100
- Huddle House, 1085 SE Forrester Dr., Dawson - Grade: 100
- Mel's Bar, 1408 W. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Riverfront BBQ, 105 W. Broad Ave., Albany - Grade: 100
- Taco Bell, 1505 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 100
- Hutto's Bar-B-Q & Grill, 943 GA Hwy. 32 E., Ocilla - Grade: 99
- Shiver Shack, 5370 Willacoochee Hwy., Willacoochee - Grade: 99
- Sno-2-Geaux, 1111 Byrd Rd., Broxton - Grade: 99
- Long John Silver, 1805 N. Slappey Blvd., Albnay - Grade: 99
- Subway, 1450 SE Bowens Mill Rd., Douglas - Grade: 96
- McDonald's, 2002 U.S. Hwy. 82 W., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Zaxby's, 2201 N. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 96
- Wharf Express, 1561 U.S. Hwy. 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 96
- Zaxby's, 128 Benjamin Hill Dr., Fitzgerald - Grade: 96
- Rice Bowl, 1561 U.S. Hwy. 19 S., Leesburg - Grade: 96
- Java the Hut Coffee Shop, 227 Walnut Ave., Leesburg - Grade: 96
- Great Wall, 2800 Old Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Zaxby's of Albany, 405 N. Slappey Blvd., Albany - Grade: 96
- Pizza Hut, 1716 S. Peterson Ave., Douglas - Grade: 94
- 3 Squares Diner, 303 E. Oakridge Dr., Albany - Grade: 94
- Auntie Anne's, 2601 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 93
- Pizza Hut, 188 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 92
- Subway, 707 Adel Hwy., Nashville - Grade: 92
- McDonald's, 1816 N. Tift Ave., Tifton - Grade: 91
- Sonic Drive In, 2833 Ledo Rd., Albany - Grade: 91
- Fish Fillet, 1700 E. Oglethorpe Blvd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Taco Bell, 809 W. 2nd St., Tifton - Grade: 90
- Tay's, 326 Mock Rd., Albany - Grade: 90
- Sonic Drive In, 519 N. Westover Blvd., Albany - Grade: 89
- Carter's, 304 N. Hutchinson Ave., Adel - Grade: 89
- Waffle House, 1804 McCormick Dr., Tifton - Grade: 89
- Jerry J. Restaurant, 24 Ameris Dr., Douglas - Grade: 88
- Texastar, 1111 Dawson Rd., Albany - Grade: 85
- Dairy Queen of Camilla, 140 U.S. Hwy. 19, Camilla - Grade: 80
- Shoney's of Ashburn, 840 Shoney's Cir., Ashburn - Grade: 80
- Hot Wings To Go, 411 W 24th Ave., Cordele - Grade: 80
- China Super Buffet, 246 Ocilla Hwy., Fitzgerald - Grade: 50
Restaurants are inspected every six months, but if you see a potential violation let your county health department know about it. Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!