Preventing mold from forming in your home
Fri, 12 Jul 2013 23:20:53 GMT —
In the past few weeks it seems like it's been raining non-stop here in Southwest Georgia.
And the rain can bring a harmful substance, mold.
Mold is a dangerous fungus that grows best in warm, humid, and damp conditions like showers, kitchens and basements.
Experts say mold is formed from moisture that's left sitting for a long period time, often from something as simple as a water leak.
The substance can really effect your allergies and cause nasal stuffiness, wheezing, and skin irritation.
They say exposure to the substance can really effect your allergies and cause nasal stuffiness, wheezing, and skin irritation.
DeWayne Tanner, District Environmental Health Director with the Department of Public Health says, "if you don't clean it up and get the problem fixed right away the mold will continue to grow."
He adds that keeping a humidifier in your home can also decrease your chances of having mold.