Power line causes fire after tree falls on Virginia Avenue
Thu, 06 Sep 2012 00:48:32 GMT —
A fire broke out at 114 Virginia Avenue Wednesday after a tree fell onto a neighboring power line.
Albany fire officials arrived on scene to inspect the damage when they noticed smoke coming from an adjacent home. Although no one was injured in the fire, Battalion Chief Keith Ambrose says this was still an extremely dangerous situation.
"We've had a back feed short in some areas, we're still checking exactly where it came in at, but the fire actually went in through the wire, went down the wall and was inside the laundry room," said Ambrose.
Ambrose also said the home appeared to have some moderate damage, but was just happy that no one was inside when the blaze began.