MENU

      One fatality in Albany house fire

      A fire broke out on the 200 block of Nona Drive Saturday morning. / Rheya Spigner


      A fire broke out on the 200 block of Nona Drive Saturday morning.

      Battalion Chief Jefferson with the Albany Fire Department confirms that Vera Snell has passed away from smoke inhalation and severe burns.

      Jefferson adds one of her relatives was injured while trying to pull Snell out of the house.

      Her granddaughter, Jasmine Snell, says she still can't believe she passed away the way she did, but she is glad her grandmother is in a better place.

      Officials with AFD say this fire was a result of electrical problems. The house that caught fire was powering the house next to it and there were multiple extension cords in between the houses.

      Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER