Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:15:42 GMT — Weeks Street in Norman Park was lit up Monday night as a fire ignited inside a woman's home.It remains unclear how the fire began, but witnesses say the lone resident was forced to leap from a first story window to escape the fire engulfed structure.Neighbors reliving the incident say the flames kept climbing higher and wouldn't let up, despite fire crews best efforts."Basically what was the car port, was flames about 30 feet high. I think it was the plastic on the port burning real intense," said next door neighbor, Chad David.
The woman sustained minor injuries, however everything was lost in the midnight blaze.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!