Nail salon worker charged after dryer fire
Tue, 07 Aug 2012 20:37:42 GMT —
A nail salon worker is facing charges after a fire broke out at her place of employment.
42-year-old Kim Truong is charged with 1st degree arson in connection to a fire at Creative Nails in Cordele.
Around 8:42 a.m. Monday morning, Cordele firefighters and police officers responded to a call for a fire with flames and smoke coming from a business in a strip mall on 16th Avenue.
Once the flames were extinguished, investigators discovered that a propellant had been used to start a fire in a clothes dryer.
Officials say a witness spotted Kim Lieu Truong entering the back of the building before the fire started.
They say there is also surveillance video showing the woman entering the building. At this time that video has not been released.
Although Truong denies any involvement, police say other charges are pending against her.
Several other businesses in the strip mall suffered smoke damage as a result of the fire.
Kim Truong has been booked into the Crisp County Jail.