MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Camilla house fire and explosion ruled accidental

Three people are hospitalized and multiple agencies are investigating after an explosion and fire at a home in Camilla Tuesday morning. / Photo: MGN Online

A house fire in Camilla has been ruled accidental after an explosion Tuesday.

Officials with the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's Office say that a propane gas ball valve was partially open, leading to a gas leak.

Officials say that the homeowners had replaced a propane stove with an electric stove, but did not say when that occurred.

Three people were hospitalized as a result of the leak.

Camilla Fire Chief Jamie Sullivan says they got the call about the explosion and fire around 9:15.

Sullivan says that two of the injured people have been life flighted to Shands hospital in Gainesville, Florida . The other injured person was taken to Phoebe Putney.

Stay connected to WXFL.com as the story develops.

Trending