73
      Saturday
      89 / 66
      Sunday
      86 / 68
      Monday
      86 / 66

      Light ballast causes fire scare at Logan's Steakhouse

      Captain Bobby Spargo of the Albany Fire Department says firemen found an overheated light ballast when they arrived on the scene.
      / Colby Gallagher


      It wasn't a burned meal that surprised lunchgoers at Logan's Steakhouse Wednesday afternoon when heavy smoke showed up.

      The Albany Fire Department responded to Logan's Steakhouse after they received a call concerning a structure fire shortly before 11 a.m. Wednesday afternoon -- but it was a false alarm.

      Captain Bobby Spargo says firemen found an overheated light ballast when they arrived on the scene.

      Spargo says this is commonly mistaken for a fire because it causes noxious odors and heavy smoke. Spargo advised management to call an electrician to replace the ballast -- a transformer located in the fluorescent lighting.

      No one was injured during this incident and all staff was allowed back inside by 11:15 a.m.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER