Life lost in Albany blaze
Sun, 26 Jan 2014 16:40:02 GMT —
The Albany Fire Department responded to a call about a structure fire late Saturday night in the 1100 block of 3rd Avenue.
There were seven people in the house, five made it out. One victim was sent to Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital for treatment. Eddie Lee King, died from the fire.
King's nephew, John Covin tells FOX 31 that he was on the phone with his mother right before the flames went up.
Covin adds that he grew up in this home and is devasated about losing his home and his uncle.
Stay connected to MySouthWestGA.com as stories develop and the FOX 31 Newscast at 10 PM. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to join in on the conversation and connect with FOX 31!