MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Lee County Fire Department battles blaze on Kinchafoonee Creek Road

Lee County Fire fighters are on scene at a house fire in the 200 block of Kinchafoonee Drive. / Photo: Danielle Ledbetter

Lee County Fire fighters responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Kinchafoonee Drive Friday afternoon.

Fire officials got the call at 2:41 pm Friday afternoon. Fire fighters spent approximately seven to eight hours putting out the flames.

The resident was boiling eggs and left them on the stove while grabbing her mail.

Captain Todd Kirkland confirmed that unattended food left cooking on the stove was the cause of the fire.

Two fire fighters were transferred to Phoebe Putney Hospital for heat-related injuries. Both fire fighters are back at work Monday.

There are no serious injuries to report.






Trending