Lee County fire claims two lives
Two elderly Lee County residents have died after a morning fire at a home in the 300 block of Creekside Drive in Lee County on Friday.
One of the house occupants was in the yard at the time of the fire and informed firefighters when they arrived around 5:30 a.m. that there were two others inside.
Officials with the State Fire Marshal's Office say that 71-year-old Sarah Jenkins went back in the house to save her 91-year-old mother Louvineia Stewart. Both women passed away as a result of the fire.
A fire investigator with Hudgens' office determined that the fire originated near a sofa in the family room of the home. An electrical malfunction appears to have been the cause.