86
      Wednesday
      89 / 65
      Thursday
      90 / 64
      Friday
      90 / 66

      Lee County BP gas station catches fire

      Lee County Fire Department officials arrived to find smoke coming from the Doublegate Eezzee Mart Monday afternoon.

      / Cody Long


      Lee County Fire Department officials arrived to find smoke coming from the Doublegate Eezzee Mart Monday afternoon.

      Lee County Fire Chief James Howell says there was maintenance work going on inside the convenience store which involved welding. The insulation between the wall and the exterior of the building caught fire.

      "We didn't want to open up the interior wall and introduce the fire to the inside of the structure and have more smoke and heat damage inside," Howell said.

      The fire was extinguished with minimal damage to the structure and the contents of the store.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER