component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      47
      Sunday
      53 / 35
      Monday
      57 / 28
      Tuesday
      47 / 26

      Kitchen fire causes school evacuation

      Albany Fire responds to a kitchen fire at Radium Springs Elementary. / Matt Prichard


      A kitchen fire at Radium Springs Elementary School caused school officials to evacuate students from the building.

      The small blaze was started by a faulty outlet in the kitchen, however fire officials say school staff members had the fire under control before the department arrived.

      "Staff here was able to use a dry-chemical extinguisher before the fire department got here. So we only had to do some ventilation, conduct an investigation, and cut power to the outlet," said Albany Fire Assistant Chief Sebon Burnes.

      No injuries were reported, however some of the food in the kitchen was spoiled due to smoke damage.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER